Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sorry I Haven't Been Posting and I went Swimming!

To anyone who follows me or likes to read my blog,

Sorry I Haven't Been Posting. I have been watching the footy finals (Aussie Rules) and at a cost haven't found time to put up any posts.

On another note I decided to try out some cross training in the form of swimming a couple of days ago. I chose swimming because its a good thing to be able to do. Like if you fall in a river you're not going to drown because you can't swim. Also if I ever wanted to do a triathlon, I'll at least have something to lean on in terms of the swimming phase.

Once I got to the pool I was a bit reluctant to get in the water for I haven't been swimming for about 3 years. Once I was in a lane I looked around at the other swimmers. They were all doing freestyle so I thought I'd do that. I couldn't even do two laps in a row! I think I need some practice! I did about 1 or 2 laps freestyle and the other 8 or 9 laps rest breaststroke or backstroke.

I actually enjoyed it so much I thought I'll go again. So yesterday I went back to the pool. I didn't even hesitate to get in the pool this time. This time round I managed to do a total of 12 laps and half of them were freestyle.

I will be going to Mt Hotham in Victoria for the next 4-6 days so there will be no posts for that period. I hope anyone who reads this has had a good week's training.

No comments:

Post a Comment