Monday, August 10, 2009

Listen to the Physio

This year I had growing pains in my knees and was unable to train for the school cross country. They had been niggling away for roughly six months. I finally went to the Physio where he gave me a set of exercises to do 10min a day. He told me it should take 1 to 3 months considering how well I did the exercises. If I did well for a month I wouldn't have to do anything else. I went to see him every week to let him see how I was going. For the first 2 weeks I did quite well. For the third not so. So this resulted in my month being turned into 5-6 weeks. After a few weeks like this it turned into 2 months.

If I had done what the physio said to do for four weeks I would have at least got a month of training in before the cross country. Not ideal but better than nothing. I look back on it now and feel a bit dumb. My result on the day would have surely been better. So the lesson here is listen and do what the physio says, or you may find yourself missing vital training. To stop it happening again I do the exercises before any training.


No comments:

Post a Comment